Sunday, January 04, 2009

a new year...a new blog

So many things has happened since my last blog. Sorry for not updating it earlier. I have had some trouble signing in, but as you can see it is sorted now.


I am glad to report that i finally finished my artwork :


Reaching out – holding back
December 2008
Ink, pencil, tip ex and acrylics on paper

This HEartwork is about how our fears can hold us back.
In the drawing you see the hand reaching out to the Light (which represents God) and how the chains and rope holds it back. The fears that are holding me back is the fear of getting hurt.
My earthly father has not been the most loving person in the world and he has hurt our family very much. This fear keeps me from giving everything to God as i am scared that He might hurt me too. This doesn't make sense, i know...but when does it ever do?

I am currently working on my second piece and will post it as soon as i am finished. I have set a goal for myself to get one artwork done per month. Lets see if it is possible.

I found out about a week ago that i am going on line up to Kaoshuing TAIWAN at the end of January. This will be my first line up in a country where people do not speak the language. Lucky for me (it is a such a great blessing and has nothing to do with luck) i am going with two of my best friends: Roopa and Lenhert. I just finished a line up with Roopa and i am still looking forward to work with her! This will be my first time working on a line up with Lenhert - i do hope our friendship survives this.

To all my friends in Blog land i would like to wish you a blessed new year.

No comments: