Thursday, February 18, 2010

doulos adventure - part 3 (final)

These last few weeksI have spent my time packing hundreds of boxes (no, not exaggerating) and wrapping up huge framed pictures. It has been strange seeing the ship slowly disappear as we take her insides apart.

I am excited about the future because I know that just like all the other times, God has this all figured out. J

 

So here I am, sitting in the computer room on my LAST EVER day onboard the MVDoulos. What an awesome experience it has been so far. I praise God for giving me this opportunity to experience Him in so many different ways. As a person who learns through doing, you can imagine what a huge life lesson my adventures onboard have been. I pray that God will help me to remember all these lessons and to not forget the awesome people I have met on my Doulos journey.

 

Tomorrow morning at 06:00am I will be getting into a huge taxi and head to Changi Airport (Singapore). My best friend and I will be traveling for 20 hours before reaching the Motherland! I have wrestled with my luggage, learning that you cannot put 20kgs worth of stuff in a bag that can only hold 15. It is physically impossible. I tried it! It was funny!!!!!

 

So here I am leaving the Doulos,

I take with me a life impacted by others

A world view exceeding South Africa

Friendships that made an eternal difference

and a soul forever changed.

 

OH BUT WAIT!!!

 

Just before I go, here are my future plans:

On the 19th of February I will head home for 3 months of furlough, winter and super 14. (So I might not have mentioned that I am a rugby fanatic! Super 14 is a huge rugby tournament between South Africa, New Zealand and Australia – different from the Tri Nations)

 

I will join the Logos Hope in June to be part of their programme team.

 

The adventures continue…stay tuned!

 

2 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Lizel,

thanks for sharing your stroy. It's so encouraging!!! Say hello to Magda for me, I didn't manage to say Good bye to her, big hug, Becca

Uttam Gavit said...

Liesel, it was nice to read your Doulos adventure... i pray that God will continue to guide you and help you glorify his name

Uttam