Saturday, January 31, 2009

The second BEST book you will read this year!

I just finished the book THE SHACK by William P. Young. This is such an excellent book. I was hooked from page one and just couldnt put it down. I even read while in the back of a car - for someone who gets car sick this is a big achievement.

I recommend all you readers in blogland to get a copy of this book and be challenged. Yes, it might be controversial...but i learnt new things about God. THis book challenged my thinking and preceptions of God and also forced me to sort out why i am doing the things i am.

1 comment:

Stéphane K said...

As long as you know its controversial... I enjoyed the read, but it doesn't reach my best book list. I was bothered by a few aspects (theological for the most part) and the fact that the author chose to make it sound like a real story and real encounter with God the Father.

Another reason I'm cautious about it, is because of the huge acclaim its received in the USA. I don't trust things that Oprah recommends... :-)