Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Part 1_it is hot!

Firstly...i have blogged in my head so many times the last 2 weeks! And it frustrates me so much that none of those posts made it onto the blog! Oi! Proof that i am not a finisher. One day i will be! Watch this space! Secondly...it is hot. Not just the 'i-am-hot-lets-get-a-fan' deal. No! The extreme one. The type where if i stay seated long enough, i might need a rag to wipe up my pool of sweat that accumulated under the chair. Excuse the bluntness (is that even a word?) of this post. I just need to vent somewhere and then it will be all better. Okay...not really but i dont want to be the person whining infront of the big guys who do all kinds of hard working stuff. Oh, wait. Did i even mention that it is Dry Dock time again? Yes. The ship is out of water. We are sitting on the blocks at the moment. The aircon is shut down (oh how i miss her sweet whispers!) and the pleasant clean smell has been replaced with the constant smell of sweat. I have much to report: I finished 2 pieces recently. A sketch of a sumo wrestler (for the games night on friday) and a painting of a jar for some friends. So much for the 'artwork per day' deal. Life just exploded... I spent most of yesterday in a van with an introvert (like myself), a sleepy French guy and a quiet American. We left at 06:30 and returned around 22:45. Had no breakfast, no lunch and no dinner...we did have 3 cups of sweet Sri Lankan tea and about 13 hours worth of thinking time. Wait, i need to go. I am hungry and it is supper time...

No comments: