Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dear Dad

Dear Dad
Thank you for investing in my life. Thank you for doing a good job of teaching me NEVER to easily trust someone with my heart again. Thank you for showing me, from a young age, how to build a wall around my heart.

Your example of treating my mother like dirt and insulting her in public has inspired me to never stoop so low. Your demeaning way of breaking my sister down has encouraged me to protect and appreciate her more.  Your infamous manner of breaking all your promises is pushing me to keep mine.

I want to thank you for always (since i can remember) refusing my love. You have taught me to save it for those who appreciate it. Through your rejection, i have embraced God as my only Father...for that i am truly thankful.

Pappa i wish you well. I pray that God would get His hands on you. I pray that He would soften your ice cold hardened heart and that He would teach you to love. I pray that i will see you in Heaven one day...

Signed:
The daughter who once saw you as her hero

No comments: