Friday, May 13, 2011

a cry for comfort

All I want to do right now is eat chocolate.

I am angry.

I am semi-depressed.

I am seeking comfort.

This has not been the most joyful day and I desperately want to go lay in the arms of my duvet.

Lack of sleep is definitely playing a role.

My love for chocolate has been tested twice already.

I fear I am not strong enough to resist this.

It doesn’t help me that you are telling me it is okay to eat chocolate because it is not.

It doesn’t help me that you offer me cookies and popcorn and cake…I don’t need it, I need Jesus.

It doesn’t help that I am feeling this low…

 

LORD give me strength please…

Help me to resist and flee from temptation.

Help me to love my neighbours even when they cause me to work double as hard because they were sleeping in a meeting weeks ago.

Please help me be joyful LORD…I can only hear the chocolate calling and the muscles aching…

LORD help me!

 

 

No comments: