Saturday, June 04, 2011

31 + 4 = -1(12)

For the last 35 days I have been challenging my eating habits. I have failed a few times and given in to the cake (Sunday is cake day!) but only had ‘pre-planned’ chocolate 3 times. I am feeling so good about myself at the moment and I hope that this lifestyle will not fade. I will try my best to keep going. To date I have lost a total of 12 kilograms (not all of it during the 35 days, a bit before) and I am keeping track I still have 36 weeks to go. (The chart where I keep track allows for 40 weeks). Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Once we leave this port where restrictions keep us from walking in the morning (the quayside is slippery – I fell already) we will get back to exercising.


Now that I am taking not thinking so much about the food anymore, I hope to focus on my spiritual life as well. This morning I read a verse that blew my mind. It is in Psalm 17 the very last verse. It says:

 

15 As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
         I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.

 

I was talking to one of my friends about this yesterday…I don’t want to be satisfied with my spiritual walk until I reach heaven… Watch this space. God is working!

 

No comments: