Thursday, July 14, 2011

in my angered state...

It is close to midnight.
My good intention is now overshadowed by the anger that is swimming in my heart.
How dare people judge my parents?
I am not stupid.
I know what the Bible says about divorce.
But I grew up in that house.
I listened to those fights.
I heard my mom cry.
I saw my dads empty face.
I was a witness…

 

Yes, they both hurt.
Not just my mom.
Not just my dad.
They BOTH hurt.
Do you hear me?
BOTH!
There were two people in that relationship.
One left it years ago and later filed for a divorce.
Now they blame the one who tried to fight.
The one who tried to make it work.
The one who gave up and later died a slow emotional death.

 

You…the one who thinks you know what this is about.
You…stop!
Stop judging what you do not understand.
You are driving people away.
Stop throwing your stones of doubt in my heart.
I get enough of that from the pitchfork man.
And once and for all…
STOP DOING THIS and saying it is in Jesus’ Name.

Jesus is here!!
He knows more than you do.
His heart is hurting – just like mine.
Yes, He condemns it.
But lucky for me and my parents:
He died for this on the Cross too…

 

No comments: