Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mamma mia...




I greet you from my tiny bed, laptop balancing on my folded legs and lifehouse serenading through my earphones.

After being back onboard the ship for about a month now, i can honestly say that i haven't been this lonely in a while. Yes our ship is staffed with about 300 crew and yes there are many who speak my language on this international ship, but truly...my heart just wants to talk to my bestest friend.

She is part of the advanced preparation team and was sent ahead of the ship to go and prepare the way. Nothing summarizes great friendship like a cup of Rooibos tea and rusks (proudly South African goodies). Since i am part of the advanced preparation team as well, we don't know when we will see each other again...sad but true. This is ship's life.

But enough of the sad parts. Today i saw MAMMA MIA! with one of my - well i consider her to be a mentor - friends. I laughed so much! There is something about hearing James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) sing an ABBA song that just makes me explode with laughter. There are a couple of innuendo's that the movie could do without...but i do recommend it.
The picture is of Magda and myself. It was taken a few minutes after we left a very cold Wellington NZ.


No comments: