Thursday, August 07, 2008

How to draw it?

Today was my last break day. After a line up, you get 7 break days to recover from the Braveheart-like battle you just fought. Today was my last one...I spent the days reading, sleeping, watching movies, listening to music and writing a stack of postcards to my supporters back home.
When i woke up this morning, i had this feeling in my hand. It feels like i am holding a pencil. (it's the only way i can think to describe it). This only happens when i need to draw. Sort of withdrawal symptoms...i need to draw, i want to draw, I HAVE TO DRAW. My only problem is i dunno what to draw. Usually my art is about my emotional state and how God is answering it. But since i am in such a good place, i dunno how to portray that. A simple landscape or 'pretty' portrait won't do!
How do you draw the goodness of God? How do you capture all that He means to you? Mmm...my quest for the day: To find the drawing.
Tonight is prayernight on the ship. Usually this is a great time of inspiration as a phrase in one of the worship songs acts as a spark.
Oh i am sooooo excited...

No comments: