Thursday, August 07, 2008

Racism...

I Hate racism...i know that hate is a strong word...but i REALLY HATE it!
Growing up as a white girl in South Africa i made a choice at a young age not to fall into the trap my forefathers fell into. I grew up colourblind...(how weird does that sound? A colourblind artist? Well you know what i mean.)
In my current job i have to plan some of the on board conferences. This week i have to plan the 'Southern African Meeting' for around 700 South Africans that are living here in Brisbane.
I hear that they have a problem, that they aren't colourblind and that colour is a big issue for them.
My heart hurts just thinking about it. How does God feel when He looks at us/them?
We now have a massive opportunity to reach them...to show them how our rainbow nation functions when GOD is the center.
When He is the center our colours bleed into one, just like the U2 song says!
When He is the center our prejudices disappear and we see only Him...

Oh Father may we glorify you through this event.

No comments: